Free Realty README
by Patrick Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download the newest FreeRealty. Unpack the file.
Create a new folder on your server.
Create the MySQL database.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE FILE BEFORE INSTALLING FREEREALTY
SUPPORT AND NEWS:
Please post all comments, questions, etc.to the mailing list or Bulletin Board and we will respond as quickly as possible. Also, you might try reading through the posts -- your question may be answered already.
USING AND INSTALLING FreeRealty:
Configure and set parameters
- From the command line:
#mysql -u -p
- create database freerealty;
Upload the contents of the zip file to your server.
- Copy common30.sample.php to common.php
- Edit common.php setting the db, user, password and (optionally) server and table_prefix
Check that your image folders are created properly
- Enter your user name and password from above
- Click Log In
- You should see the screen fill with database setup commands
- Assuming that works properly, you can login to the admin section of the web site using the link at the bottom of the page
Create at least one agent account
Start adding listings
- Permissions should be: 664 or 774 if you can assign the group as the web server; 666 (and move the folders outside of the web directory) if you can't change the group on the folders.
REQUIRED TO RUN FreeRealty:
- Remove install30.php /install directory and /upgrades directories.
2. PHP 4.0 (If you're curious about what version you have, run the phpinfo.php script which comes with this release)
3. Apache Web Server for Linux (Others may be possible, but have not been tested)