Welcome to Free Realty 3.1
Testing has been ongoing, few bugs if any remain. If you do find some, let us know. As of version 2.8.3 this content is now in a file named content/main.php. index.php is more of a template/framework than the file with everything in it. Note that there are also two other files here named agent_feature.php and featured.php. agent_feature.php is code to list all agents. featured.php is the code to list featured property on the index.php (or any other) page. Browse Listings | Mailing List
Free Realty web site
If you use Free Realty please let us know so we can put you on the live sites page.
So easy, even a real estate agent can do it! Free Realty, based on Jon Roig's original Open Realty is a free, open source real estate listing manager. Intended to be both easy to install and easy to administer, OpenRealty uses PHP to drive a mySQL backend, thus creating a tool which is fast and flexible.
While the basic version of Free Realty can be downloaded for free, members may be available to customize it for your specific needs. Feel free to contact the mailing list for developers
If you are interested in upgrading an existing Free Realty v2.6 install please use the upgradasaurus2.7.php file. Note: this will modify your database it is highly recommended that you backup your database using mysqldump. This version allows multiple installs on the same database using the $prefix_table variable set in common.php.
- Allows visitors to look through your real estate listings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365.25 days a year.
- Easily keep your property listings updated -- no HTML coding required to add, delete, or modify listings.
- Built-in image manager -- upload photos via your web browser, either when creating new listings or modifying an existing one. If photos are not uploaded for a property, a " photo not available" image will be automatically displayed for the listing.
- Automagically interfaces with Yahoo Maps -- potential customers will always know exactly where to find your property.
- MySQL database backend -- free and fast, mySQL is standard with most hosting plans.
- Secure -- no one but you can change your listings.
- Viral Marketing -- visitors can email listings to their friends right from OpenRealty.
- Easy to install -- just edit a single configuration file.
- Showcase specific properties -- built-in featured listing manager allows you to place special offerings right on your front page.
- Flexible search -- browse properties according to whatever criteria you like.
- Easy setup -- configurator tool makes Free Realty easy to install.
Of course, Free Realty is written entirely in PHP, which makes it easy to customize and revise to match the look of your website.
Version 2.6 update (3-18-01):
- Changed the authentication scheme. Should now be compatible with a variety of servers, including IIS and NT-based machines.
- Like version 2.5x, this is not a major upgrade -- no need to do anything if you're happy with the last version
- Users of version 2.5x shouldn't need to do anything to do the database if they do want to upgrade.
Version 2.5.1 update (2-28-01):SUMMARY OF BUGFIXES FOR THIS VERSION:
- Not a major upgrade -- no need to do anything if you're happy with the last version
- Numerous minor tweaks in the agent admin interface and interface improvements
- Moved the size of uploads to the common.php file
- Added ability to sort searches... might get an upgrade in the future...
- Reworking of code to make it easier to modify and extend OpenRealty in the future
- I'm investigating the use of auto-thumbnailing capabilities in PHP, but am not sure if that'll go in the next version.
- ???? Let me know what you're looking for
Version 2.5 update (2-20-01):SUMMARY OF BUGFIXES FOR THIS VERSION:
- Completely new, database-driven image management system
- Ability to handle several agents at once and an admin mode to
- Improved interface
- Template-driven HTML pages
- More feature fields -- including square footage and property size
- Closed mySQL connections at the end of every page. This seems important for scalablilty.
- Change of 'localhost' to a variable defined in the common.php file.(Way more flexible. Default will still be localhost.
- Addition of limits to how many pictures a property can have or an agent can post. Defined in the common.php shared file.
- Ability to recognize returns in the comment fields -- so, the agent won't have to worry about an HTML at all.
- New image management solves all the jpg/png/gif problems.
- The code strips out decimal points when searching by price. Interface changes to help control user input.
- Select listing for Washington, DC in 'states' list
- Stashed admin tools in their own directory
- Lots of little bug fixes and corrections